simple chat

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 16:10:18 PDT 2015

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 00:56:22 +0200
rysiek <rysiek at hackerspace.pl> wrote:

> > > https://tox.chat/
> > >
> > > It does not support symmetric encryption (everything is encrypted
> > > with public key crypto), but if you have a pre-shared secret, you
> > > can use some other channel (say, e-mail with contents encrypted
> > > symmetrically) to share ToxIDs. Then, add people to a Groupchat
> > > and you're good to go.
> >
> > Thanks rysiek! Will check it out.
> >
> > (not sure if it belongs in the 'simple' category though...)
>
> Well, no need to set up any accounts, and it "just works" from my
> experience. Haven't seen a simpler IM/chat. :)

	Yes, sorry, by simple I didn't necessarily mean 'user friendly'
	- what I had in mind was a simple system, simple protocol, no
	bloatware, etc.

	Well, at least tox is not written in python =) - anyway, going
	to compile it and see if it requires 1GB of libraries or
	somethng lke that =P

	But it does look interesing.