so called onion routing

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:41:57 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Cari Machet <carimachet at gmail.com> wrote:

> its religious thought to even utilize the word 'evil' let alone think in
> those terms and religious thought is a capitalist parasite >>> read
> nietzsche for fuck sake he wrote in the 1800's
>
> That's my point, glad we agree.

> one of my arguments is that it is structurally unsound to rely on one
> method >>> especially if built by your enemy - i look to nature as other
> thinkers do/have and i think about buckminster fuller - his analysis of
> panther dna making them vulnerable to extinction because it is all so/too
> similar ... in any given situation i do not think in terms of one solution
> ... i have used this analogy before ... sperm: there are lots of them in
> one load ... they all race to get to the egg sure but, they actually help
> each other to penetrate - they dont care who gets in as long as one of them
> transforms the egg into a being (i mean i cant really speak for sperms in
> general but it has been analysed like this)... thats their job ...they even
> have been seen to help each other non-competative like :: this is the kind
> of structures we need moreso not monolithic structures that blind us ...
> its really a geometry problem for me... math
>
> OK, 'yes' monoculture is threatening and certain practices provide clear
'intelligence signals'. Unrestrained 'lateral thinking,' while
intellectually stimulating and interesting, does not always map to fact.
There's a step, where you rigorously research whether your theories are
correct.

but also it is all ethical to me as well : if my family was murdered by a
> fucker i wouldnt go and use that fuckers infrastructure cause they made it
> for me to use and sent some other fuckers around the globe selling it cause
> like the fucker murdered my family i wont support them in any way ever
> ....why would i talk myself into supporting the murderer of my family when
> i could think about, invent or utilize other methods - its just really not
> logical

This is an emotional argument, not a logical one. To continue the appeal to
emotion, isn't it vaguely poetic? Using alternative methods are fine, but
the existence of alternatives does not justify demonizing other approaches.

Twitter <https://twitter.com/tbiehn> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisbiehn> | GitHub <http://github.com/tbiehn>
<https://plus.google.com/+TravisBiehn>