Surveillance forces journalists to think and act like spies

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Thu Apr 30 07:31:36 PDT 2015

The advance of technology seems to be making everyone like spies
and so forth.  Hal Varian somewhat famously said that what the
rich have today everyone will want tomorrow.  I'd suggest that
what the intelligence community has today the rich will want
tomorrow.  While some like to say that the cure for objectionable
(to them) speech is more speech (by them), that does not hold true
so much in the wider world where I have concluded that the cure for
technologic threats is not more technology, but less.

--dan

{
since I'm on the record, I may as well admit it

  We Are All Intelligence Officers Now
  2014 RSA Conference, California
  http://geer.tinho.net/geer.rsa.28ii14.txt

}