Raspberry pi safe?

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 03:42:41 PDT 2015

On 4/17/15, Lodewijk andré de la porte <l at odewijk.nl> wrote:
>....  I think the Intel platform is too
> big to not be exploited (more or less) on the hardware level. I have a very
> little better feeling about AMD but I don't think it's based on much.
>
> The idea that ARM processors are much much smaller and therefore easier to
> audit makes them less attractive exploit targets. ...

essentially they're all suspect under some level of modest threat
(e.g. CUSTOMS interdiction or TAO enabling or ...)

so then you get to openRISC on an openFAB with strong chain of custody
along every step from sand to structure to send to self(and if you
lose proper custody of device that's your problem; see threat models
again :)

---

https://openrisc.github.io/
http://www.globalfoundries.com/ for openHW?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_of_custody

---

oh, and of course the occasional FIB tear-down of fabricated cores to
confirm no surreptitious corruptions.  pick your favorite hard problem
:P

best regards,