Briar

Cathal (Phone) cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Sun Apr 12 06:36:14 PDT 2015

Acknowledged, yet TS as currently built requires NSA/Google binaries installed with root access and passes all data traffic through NSA/Google directly anyway. Even if one end uses Tor and we assume the binaries are totally beneficent, traffic analysis combined with social network data will rapidly determine who's who unless everyone's being so cautious they're likely to not carry a phone in any case.

Given this, I'd choose the option that doesn't require NSA binaries on my device and potentially passes data through a "dumb pipe" outside NSA's jurisdiction and budget. It costs them a lot more to tap Irish SMS networks than to simply receive, through Google, your messages directly, so at least I'm costing them more. ;)