Greenwald, Scahill step down from The Intercept

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Apr 7 13:22:45 PDT 2015

On 04/07/2015 11:50 AM, Cari Machet wrote:
> dear mirimir you cannot read
>
> 'Nonetheless, because of the general faith I had in political and media
> institutions, I assumed - since both political parties and media outlets
> and journalists from across the ideological spectrum were united in support
> of the war - that there must be some valid basis to the claim that Saddam
> posed a threat. My basic trust in these institutions neutralized the
> objections I had and led me to passively acquiesce to what was being done
> ("I believed then that the president was entitled to have his national
> security judgment deferred to, and to the extent that I was able to develop
> a definitive view, I accepted his judgment that American security really
> would be enhanced by the invasion of this sovereign country.").'
>
> did you read the motherfucking article?

Yes, I read the motherfucking article. He says that he was apathetic,
and trusted institutions (and even that asshole W). Maybe he needs to do
more mea culpas for that, or cut off his left pinkie. But unless you
cite some public statement where he actively supported the invasion,
rather than just deferred to arguably better-informed opinions, it's no
big deal in the current context. In my opinion.

> this should tell you how duplicitous he is just like the government says he
> didnt do anything - he didnt fuck that bitch - oh he fucked them hard though

I'd say rather that he let Uncle Dick finger fuck him, but just a little ;)

> also daily kos sucks

Yeah, I don't read that shit.