Greenwald, Scahill step down from The Intercept

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Mon Apr 6 14:28:38 PDT 2015

On 04/06/2015 02:45 PM, Cari Machet wrote:
> scahill was being filmed in the fucking morgue not at the site of the drone
> strike - the persons body was on a slab for fuck sake
>
> ambulance chasing times 1 trillion

The point, which you seem to miss, was to make it real for the audience.
It would have been better to shoot footage at the site of the drone
strike, of course. But I presume that the crew didn't arrive in time for
that. Anyway, by putting Scahill in the shot, they emphasize that he was
there, and actually saw the victims. That could be CGIed, and so the
audience still needs to trust him.