Dollar Value of a Datamined "Free" Service User?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 10:52:42 PDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 1:47 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/2901028/radioshack-puts-customers-personal-data-up-for-sale-in-bankruptcy-auction.html
>
> Privacy policies are obviously a scam.

http://www.radioshack.com/terms-and-conditions/terms.html
http://www.radioshack.com/privacy-policy/privacy.html

Information sharing and disclosure
Agents, employees and contractors of RadioShack who have access to
personally identifiable information are required to protect this
information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Policy
and the high standards of the corporation.

Information about you specifically will not be used for any purpose
other than to carry out the services you requested from RadioShack and
its affiliates. All of our affiliates have agreed to maintain the
security and confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to
anyone at any time.
We will not use any personal information beyond what is necessary to
assist us in delivering to you the services you have requested.
We may send personally identifiable information about you to other
organizations when:

We have your consent to share the information (you will be provided
the opportunity to opt-out if you desire). For example, if you opt-in
for emails we will share this information with our marketing provider.
We need to share your information in order to provide the product or
service you have requested. For example, we need to share information
with credit card providers and shippers to bill and ship the product
you requested.
We are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court
order or subpoena.

whatever