How are the Baltimore riots going?

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Apr 30 10:04:48 PDT 2015

On 04/30/2015 07:39 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> How are the Baltimore riots going?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Baltimore_riots
>
>> Mandatory curfew effective April 28 – May 5 from 10pm-5am

    "The Baltimore police have murdered 109 people since 2010, and have
    paid out more than $6 million in police brutality settlements since
    2011. Now they want us to believe that ‪#‎FreddieGray‬ broke his own
    neck??!  How stupid do the Baltimore City Police think we are??!"
    (src, Brave New Films @Farcebook
    <https://www.facebook.com/bravenewfilms/posts/10152732560177016>)

Here's how the legal end is going...

The Baltimore police say they will NOT issue a report Friday as planned
<http://www.trust.org/item/20150429204111-met7y/> regarding the
death-in-detention of Freddie Gray: The report will be turned over to a
prosecutor, even as they leak 'evidence' Gray 'beat himself to death'

Snap analysis of what this means:

Baltimore’s District Attorney, like ALL court prosecutorial staff, works
for the police. The prosecutor gets to pick and choose what evidence a
Freddie Gray Grand Jury might hear, and you can be SURE the evidence
will not show the victim to be non-culpable for his own death.

Further, according to US Department of Just-Us “guidelines’
<http://auntieimperial.tumblr.com/post/104858503374> “/Law enforcement
actions based on fear, panic, misperception or even poor judgement do
not constitute wilful conduct prosecutable under the statute/.”. Proof
of malicious intent to kill is required for a police officer’s murder
conviction in the United States, and since no one but police officers know…

Right now, the Baltimore Police department has ‘indirectly provided
evidence
<http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/04/29/police_van_passenger_says_gray_trying_to_hurt_himself.html>’
that Freddie Gray beat himself to death banging his body against the
inside if the police van he was imprisoned in. Really?

The bottom line is this… If the public demands a murder charge in the
killing of Freddie Gray, or the prosecutor hypocritically charges the
officer/(s)/ with murder, the officer/(s)/ WILL be acquitted.

Expect no justice for Freddie Gray and you won’t be disappointed.

Cribbed from my Tumblr <http://auntieimperial.tumblr.com/post/117775814059>

My Freddie Gray tags <http://auntieimperial.tumblr.com/search/Freddie+Gray>

I DO want to point out someone's response
<http://auntieimperial.tumblr.com/post/117722043579> to white folks who
say shit like “we don’t burn down our neighborhoods when we get angry,”,
b/c American Narcissistic Myopia:

> “For all those white folks who say shit like “we don’t burn down our
> neighborhoods when we get angry,” this is true… We burn other
> people’s, in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Panama, Vietnam, Laos,
> Cambodia, etc/(and for that matter, plenty of black and brown
> neighborhoods in THIS country–check the history of white-on-black race
> riots before engaging your uninformed, uneducated but always running
> mouths next time…)/ You’re welcome for the clarification…”

What the author, anti-racism author and essayist Tim Wise who wrote that
says afterwards about what needs to be done to cause any change
whatsoever in US policing gets a "+1" from me.