Linux 4.0 released: from Linus "we're all sheep" Torvalds

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Mon Apr 13 07:13:30 PDT 2015

This, my friend, is either a fun demonstration of tragedy of the commons,
or, depending on your opinion, an excellent way to come up with agreeable
release codenames.

I'm not entirely sure on why the mayor version should be bumped. But then,
versions are only there to increase. The logic has always been pretty
arbitrary.

Although; we're all sheep sounds like "so, this is when we insert the
secret government loophole". It still might, ofc ;)