Crypto Projects that Might not Suck

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Apr 10 14:54:19 PDT 2015

On 4/11/15, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:44:02AM -0300, hellekin wrote:
>>> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/GNU/consensus/Secure_Messaging_Scoreboard
>
>> grarpamp, what you say about goldbug in there? :)
>
> Serious reservations about goldbug ethics, thus goldbug itself.
> Do own research, start search: cypherpunks goldbug

Now that's an understatement :)

grarpamp, you did such good work exposing that bullshit, a link to the
last thread is definitely in order:
https://www.mail-archive.com/cypherpunks@cpunks.org/msg05277.html

My favourite new term from that thread is rysiek's "bullshit bingo".

Ordinarily I'd have serious concerns about anyone who slaps together a
list without any checking, but this appears to be an FSF wiki page. So
I've been an FSF member for years, and can log in at FSF proper, but
cannot log in on the wiki page. I've emailed FSF to find out what's
going on here... they definitely need a column for "important links"
and some other disclaimer(s) like "this page is updated by volunteers,
FSF takes NO responsibility for the veracity, validity or verily any
verifying verbatim about any virulent item below"; or something.

Cheers
Zenaan