[Dead body ethics edition] Greenwald, Scahill step down from The Intercept

Razer Rayzer at riseup.net
Mon Apr 6 13:49:36 PDT 2015

On 04/06/2015 09:59 AM, Cari Machet wrote:
> no journalist gets filmed with dead bodies it is unethical it never
> happens
>
> perhaps if you were a journalist in the field you would understand

I AM, for what it's worth, a journalist of sorts, and the FIRST RULE of
Journalism ethics is:

The journalist is NEVER supposed to be (and perhaps harder, 'become, in
the process of reporting...') part of the story they're covering.

There’s really nothing unethical about being with corpses in news
footage and I don't have the foggiest where you heard that, but it's
worth noting ABCCBSNBCCNN won't run images of their people with corpses
on the air, which is most likely why you claim 'it never happens'

Those aforementioned outlets aren't really journalistic media anyway.
They're propaganda outlets.