[tor-talk] Article: Best Alternatives to Tor

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:33:58 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Colin Mahns <colinmahns at riseup.net> wrote:
> I like how a couple of the alternatives to "Tor" in this article are
> Tails and Whonix. What do they use for anonymity again? Oh yeah, Tor...
>
> They also list Disconnect and Tox as an alternative, and then quickly
> say they aren't alternatives. I'd say this writer was hoping for clickbait.
>>> http://www.idigitaltimes.com/best-alternatives-tor-12-programs-use-nsa-hackers-compromised-tor-project-376976

As mostly a list of OS wrappers around things,
the entries include the usual list of apps:
Tor, I2P, Freenet, JonDo, Tox, Pond, etc.

The list of OS wrappers is typical, but includes
one unique entry... from US Air Force:

Anti-Tamper - Software Protection Initiative: LPS - Lightweight
Portable Security
http://www.spi.dod.mil/lipose.htm

There are some crypto tools and docs on the SPI site and
you can even watch the SPI Show (in Letterman style)...

http://spi.dod.mil/docs/Top_Ten_640x360.wmv