UWB Time Domain SDR Radio

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 23:17:25 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer at hozed.org> wrote:
>> http://www.cringely.com/2014/05/15/nsa-help-kill-uwb/

" Rather than using specific frequencies UWB transmitted on all
frequencies at the same time. The key was knowing  when and where in
the frequency band to expect a bit to appear. Two parties with
synchronized clocks and codebooks could agree that at 10 nanoseconds
after the hour at a certain frequency or range of frequencies a bit
would appear if one was intended. The presence of that signal at that
time and place was a 1 and the absence was a 0. But if you didn’t know
when to listen where — if you weren’t a part of the conversation — it
all looked just like noise."

> UWB is a great idea in theory, until you build an antenna, or you
> avoid the antenna and the UWB noise floor ends up as a DDOS attack
> on all your existing communications channels.

I'm interested in further links to papers regarding this
ultra wide band UWB, pulse position modulation PPM,
time domain TD scheme as it applies to radio spectrum.
Especially any links to hack work being done under software
defined radio SDR.