Where's a human-like randomizer?

Douglas Lucas dal@riseup.net
Mon Sep 22 20:50:39 PDT 2014

I've an odd question. Is there a program that will generate passwords
that imitate the badness with which humans armed with pen and paper only
would generate randomness? No, not a program that spits out "password"
over and over, that contemptible most frequently used password; I'm
imagining an English speaker of above average intelligence who has some
familiarity with best practices for coming up with passwords, but who's
no mathematical crypto wizard or anything.

Imagine a human who wants to generate an alphanumeric passphrase with
both upper- and lowercase, and he's in a jail cell with just pen and
paper. So he has a set of 62 characters to work with, and he tries to
write out a truly random password. But maybe he puts "M" in the password
too often for it to be truly random, because his name is Mario, so he
thinks about "M" unusually often; or maybe his writing surface is shaped
such that it incentivizes long downstrokes, so he pens the letter "l"
too often for true randomness.

Now, has anyone created a computer program to MIMIC what that human
would come up with? Is such a thing possible? Obviously I could simply
do it myself as a human being by, you know, qrMt8x3, but I want a
program that will create that for an x-long, say, 80,000 character-long,
string.