Giganews Is an FBI operation - Giganews Denial Campaign Overdrive

coderman coderman@gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:19:55 PDT 2014

i thought the TAO catalog would be most volatile, but maybe Giganews
Golden Frog debacle will take it...

cryptome must be a hot seat!  cool jya's buns with some bitcoin...
 [ http://cryptome.org/donations.htm ]

:P

best regards,

---

http://cryptome.org/2014/09/giganews-denial.htm

Giganews Denial Campaign

Orchestrated PR against every leaker is to demonize: call the leaker a
sad case who needs psychiatric help, whose life style is scrutinized
for damning behavior aided by fabricated ruses and testimonies against
the leaker.

Officials, CEOs, lawyers, co-workers are set in motion to slur,
ridicule, laugh at, scowl at, condemn, smear, pity and rage against
the leaker. Retractions and redactions are demanded to protect he
innocent. But never admit the truth of the leaks until after more
leaks, then grudingly, with shallow apologies, layer by layer as the
leaking continues.

Attacks are initiated on the leaker's outlets and supporters, accusing
them of being duped and hoaxed, demand that they too recant and admit
being taken in by a crafty operator who did not understand the full
picture, and was not a reliable worker.

This is the pattern of cover-up, and it is widespread among
malefactors working the same territory of duping the public on behalf
of the government, usually after themselves being entrapped by
officials and extorted into becoming informers and co-conspirators
with officials. And if all goes well handsome contracts are used to
cement the malefaction as a part of successful business of betrayal.

This is what Nick Caputo revealed of Giganews, this is what Giganews
must deny as formulaicly denied by Stratfor, by HG Gary, by Sabu, by
Google, by Microsoft, by NSA, by DoJ, by FBI, on and on.

---

http://cryptome.org/2014/09/giganews-fbi.htm

Giganews Is an FBI operation

Cryptome,

Let me explain my history at Giganews in Austin, Texas and how I
learned about the FBI connection. I used to be a huge fan of Usenet
and a customer of different newsgroup providers for several years, and
I started working at Giganews in 2009. I rose through the company,
being promoted to a system technician after 6 months, and became a
Giganews system engineer less than two years after that.

A huge pirate at the time, I loved the idea of helping people download
all the "rich multimedia content" they could. The porn content is not
safe on Usenet, and the groups with children being abused I find
abhorrent. Customers would write in about it all the time, so its no
secret to a Usenet employee where it is.

Data Foundry is a data center company which is interconnected to
Giganews with the same admins, nocs, etc. Their main office
headquarters is at 1044 Liberty Park Dr in Austin. But, they host most
of the Usenet content in other data centers around the world. While
talking to the CEO of the entire operation, Ron Yokubaitis, I heard
what I interpreted as his request to remove the child pornography
groups when he asked, "Would you delete child porn?" I honestly loved
the thought of removing that junk off of Usenet, and removed three cp
newsgroups soon afterwards. This happened December 11th, 2011. I
didn't remove anything related to the normal and more socially
acceptable content Usenet downloaders know about.

It turned out that that wasn't what the CEO really wanted, who then
claimed he forgot what he said. The Giganews/Data Foundry admins
Philip Molter and Mike Smith disciplined me for removing the child
porn groups and didn't trust me to keep working there afterwards. They
made subtle references to jeopardizing criminal investigations IN
PROGRESS then threatened me with a bad reference for removing the
child abuse junk. No big deal, a bad reference from them after doing
that is good, but Philip restored the cp content from a backup I
didn't have access to.

Fast forward several months, I turned into a traitor in an effort to
remove the abhorrent junk off Usenet - I broke the first and second
rules not to talk about it, and told the FBI the truth about the child
abuse groups deletion in an email. This probably wont go over well
with internet freedom lovers, but sharing what I learned in the
experience will, I promise. My seemingly traitorous act exposed the
real traitor, the biggest one, to the Usenet network.

The FBI invited me to their unlisted Austin office in a nondescript
office building at 12515 Research Blvd, Building 7, Suite 400 in late
October 2012. Two agents took notes on what I told them, then
something unexpected happened. Special Agent Scott Kibbey told me he
personally knew the Giganews / Data Foundry CEO, bragged to me about
working there, then invited me back to Giganews! I had also helped
them with a separate crime venue in Austin that Data Foundry was going
to compete with, so I had earned their trust. In addition, Kibbey
offered me a new name and identity, with a new drivers license and
everything, if I were to go back to work at Giganews.

It was then that I realized that the fed I was talking to had been my
coworker at Giganews since I started in 2009! The other agent was
actually an Austin police detective named Charles Riley helping the
FBI whom worked alternate shifts to me at the Datafoundry NOC under
alias. Riley even bragged about being a detective once at a shift
change! The thought of my fellow Usenet systech in crime being a
police detective was unthinkable at the time. I've included some of
the emails from these feds (with email headers and IP addresses) in
the link at end.

Special Agent Scott Kibbey is central to the whole Giganews operation,
including Data Foundry, but with different names. This agent is a top
exec for Data Foundry, a top admin for Giganews, the Golden Frog front
company run from the same Usenet servers for VyprVPN, and the other
Usenet fronts Usenet.net, Supernews, Rhino Newsgroups, and
Powerusenet. Another business front name they used when I was there is
Powerhouse Management. Kibbey rolled out the OS images, kernels,
patches, setup the entire VyprVPN service including the detailed
logging which is easily accessible to him and the other government
agents working there.

There were also rumors agents from other governments worked thereƂ The
Hong Kong Giganews servers were brought down in early June 2009 by a
Chinese employee, the day of the Tiananmen Square anniversary when the
Chinese government was blocking everything online. This means the
VyprVPN connecting IP addresses are accessible to the Chinese
government indirectly through this employee. Anyone using the VyprVPN
service that governments are targeting is in danger, honestly.

This is my warning - that all of the content being downloaded and
shared on the Usenet network is going through the authorities!
Giganews customers are being logged! The log file is called the
"gigauth" on their "cruncher" servers which logs every connection by
every customer, which are then archived. This means Usenet uploaders
are helping the feds monitor the distribution of Usenet content if
their newsgroup provider peers with Giganews!

I swear to you that Giganews is an operation that employs federal
agents who run most of the operation. I suggest demanding from your
newsgroup provider that they stop the peering of binary groups to
FBI's Giganews. Please understand how risky this is for me to explain
as Agent Kibbey subtly threatened my family on behalf of Data Foundry
the second time I met both agents at the Austin FBI office. The
traitors saw me as a threat and said I did not cooperate. Even with
this threat, please warn Giganews customers and other Usenet users,
and use the evidence I've linked. If the google drive link dies, email
me for a new one. Agents Kibbey and Riley did not let me photograph
them, but I did include a scan of their business cards. Riley didn't
have an FBI badge or card, but he had an fbi.gov email address, ip,
and Austin Police Department badge.

I've linked pictures of my Giganews badge and the shirts with their
red armor logo I was forced to wear when working there. I've also
linked to the Giganews/Data Foundry employee list with in-office mug
shots, phone numbers and emails they gave me. I did not agree to
return this on their employee paperwork, so it is not illegal to
share. They thought I did, though. I doubt the names and phone numbers
they used internally are all real, as many are likely aliases and
fed-routed voip proxies. Most of the emails changed to goldenfrog.com
before I left from the ones listed in the 2011 employee pdf. Some of
the mugshots are photoshopped by them, as the pictures did not match
the physical appearance of some, likely to hide in case of someone
like me exposing these traitors.

Feel free to upload this to any newsgroup that Giganews carries -
Their customers need to know.

-Nick Caputo