https://facebookcorewwwi.onion/

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Fri Oct 31 08:56:10 PDT 2014

Technically, it's easier to crunch "something with the word facebook and
otherwise consisting only of words, whether meaningful or not" than it
is to spoof a desired address.

That is, they could have crunched the above and resulted in a list like:
elffacebookfarts.onion
bottlefacebookerr.onion
facebookifred.onion
facebookcorewwwi.onion

And of course, the last one is the best fit.

Mind you, the entropy in onion addresses is a tad low, so it's been
suggested before I believe that spoofing them isn't impossible in the
long run..just hard.