FBI demands new powers to hack into computers and carry out surveillance

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 30 02:16:12 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 02:22:17PM +1100, Alfie John wrote:

> I don't get it. The Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse are already using
> Tails and Tor so this is not going to affect them. All this will do is

This is obviously about mass surveillance for social control. The
deviants are already accounted for.

> slowly push the general populace using them as well. Is the government

What makes you think it will? The massive criminal malware load so far
failed to do it, and federal malware will be a lot more considerate/stealthy
than that. Why should they even notice? Or use unpatriotic ("Negative, I
am a meat popsicle") antimalware systems?

But of couse mass appearance of malware would hit the honeypots, and result
in more secure systems overall.