Corporate undercover nation-state agents

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Sun Oct 19 19:39:09 PDT 2014

 > It should be clear now, if not long ago, that the US Government is the
 > silent occupier of the stateless generation. This is true no matter the
 > protest the American technological industry may attempt present in
 > response to this fact. In light of this "Balkanisation" should be seen
 > as a marketing term thought up by US actors to prevent the rest of the
 > world from noticing that their data, sitting in or traversing the US,
 > has less rights than that of a Syrian refugee.

I would argue that we are at a fork in the road where in the one
direction is the balkanization of the Internet in the interests of
states' sovereignties and in the other direction the Internet becomes
government, per se, and a laissez faire one at that.  Until the day
it is not.

[ Out of curiousity, are you a French mathematician? ]

--dan