State Hash

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Wed Oct 8 08:15:32 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 04:05:14PM +0200, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia środa, 8 października 2014 07:59:36 John Young pisze:
> > http://sphincs.cr.yp.to/
> >
> > Special note to law-enforcement agents: The word "state" is
> > a technical term in cryptography. Typical hash-based signature
> > schemes need to record information, called "state", after every
> > signature. Google's Adam Langley refers to this as a "huge
> > foot-cannon" from a security perspective. By saying "eliminate
> > the state" we are advocating a security improvement, namely
> > adopting signature schemes that do not need to record information
> > after every signature. We are not talking about eliminating other
> > types of states. We love most states, especially yours! Also,
> > "hash" is another technical term and has nothing to do with cannabis.
>
> This... has to be some elaborate joke.
>
> --
> Pozdr
> rysiek

djb is getting better at trolling ;)

from TFA: "2^128 security even against attackers equipped
with quantum computers".

wouldn't bet much money on this.

first, it is not known if P=NP (someone wrongly claimed in
this case "everyone will be composer". certainly
sufficiently high degree algorithm won't help at all).

second, it is not known even if P ≠ NP, can a sufficiently
powerful quantum computer solve SAT efficiently? -- if the
answer is ``yes'' djb & co fail.

not to mention that if djb is using "qmail + csh",
"Shock-See-Shell" will screw him beyond crypto.

--
cheers