Radical-safest TLDs in 2014

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Sun Oct 5 04:28:52 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 10:58:16AM +0100, Cathal Garvey wrote:
> I have heard a very exciting rumour that Tor may become integrated into
> Firefox in the near future, so that one of the most widely used browsers
> in the world will be able to access .onion addresses out of the box.

actually it is already, and all the other browsers as well. you just need to
enable name resolution for tor in torrc:

VirtualAddrNetwork 127.13.0.0/10
AutomapHostsOnResolve 1
TransPort 9042
DNSPort 9153

a bit of iptables settings and setup unbound to route queries for .onion to
the local tor proxy.

with a bit of googling you can fill out the missing blanks...

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt