https://facebookcorewwwi.onion/

mroq qorm mroqorm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:40:00 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 3:43 PM, MrBiTs <mrbits.dcf at gmail.com> wrote:
> You got two great points. First of all I think they didn't catch the main point of TOR network. Otherwise, who's certifying SSL key?

the security you get from an .onion address isn't all that great, you
know. new hidden service names will be a lot longer. also having some
certification that it is actually run by them is useful (but ... but
... ca trust! i don't give a fuck right now)

> Why in hell somebody in TOR network will access facecrap? If TOR intent to give anonymous networking, why to use a service where
> you get anything but be anonymous? Do this make sense?

there are enough reasons for people to use this - while people
apparently have their accounts locked when they try to log in through
this, i assume that is a kink they will deal with better in the
future. in a hostile network, i'd trust a tls secured hidden service
more than anything else i have at my disposal

also, facebook may be crap but it is just another platform to be used
to communicate with people - you may not want what you post associated
with your network location or your person - a lot of people also use
twitter "anonymously" in the same way, why discriminate platforms it
is all the same shit (i said to a fellow gmail user)

not everything is about hiding - if you wanted that, say goodbye to
modern society