UPD: draft is available Re: Russia want completely ban Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Sat Oct 4 13:25:24 PDT 2014

That would be a first! Wonder what exactly pushes their buttons. Perhaps
just that it's a surrogate? Wouldn't surprise me.

Giving the Bank of Russia censorship rights regarding alternatives is
pretty pushy, but, soon, "in Russia legal tender is only tender". Shame for
them they won't be able to actually prevent Bitcoin use, and soon only
criminals will use Bitcoin.

Might have a bad ripple effect on Bitcoin in the rest of the world. We'll
see the price jump up soon.