Retired NSA Technical Director Explains Snowden Docs

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 01:32:13 PDT 2014

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 23:43:22 -0700
coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/2/14, Juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > " ... I'd look at the
> > transoceanic cables "
> >
> > 	these motherfucking sacks of shits seem to think they own
> > the world...
>

> usable, end to end crypto everywhere,
>   and no longer any reason to look at the cables.

	I thought they might want to look at the cables to do so called
	'traffic analysis'...?

	As a matter of fact this criminal binney discusses how
	they look at who talks to whom, 'metadata', bla bla bla -
	traffic analysis.

	On the other hand most of the story, or rather most of the
	activities of these clown-spies look like bullshit.

	I highly doubt any 'terrist' worth his salt is going to discuss
	any plans on some shitty phone from some shitty american
	company. I'm pretty sure a 'terrist' with modest means can
	come up with, say, some sort one time pad device and some
	channel that's not so easily monitored.

	What can be the real objectives of this 'mass surveillance'
	thing then? Catching people like Ulbricht perhaps?

	Of course, the obvious objective is to extend the reach of the
	US police state into the 'digital domain' but I admit I haven't
	thought about the implementation details...

> so simple, right?

	in a sentence : encryption only solves some problems, so not so
	simple.