Of Sealand, corp, and country [was: nation-state]

grarpamp grarpamp@gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 17:47:52 PDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Alfie John <alfiej@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014, at 08:32 PM, rysiek wrote:
>> I am waiting for the first multinational corporation to declare
>> independence.
>> Also: http://rys.io/en/77
>
> Although not a multinational, The Pirate Bay did try to buy Sealand.

Sealand is only as unique as the price Bates wants (it's also probably
structurally unsound after taking an ocean beating for 70yrs)...
How much would it cost to build, float and sink your own concrete silo?
Who's researching locations of low depth found beyond 3-12+nm/EEZ
in international waters?
How does this cost compare to building your own acres of floating
pontoon, barge, boat, or raft?
And who sayeth hoisting your flag does not make you a country be?