Projects developed anonymously [was: goldbug, ref: btc]

grarpamp grarpamp@gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 15:50:12 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
<lists@infosecurity.ch> wrote:
> The only way such "suspicious" projects will have to recover is by being
> transparent on who they are, who pay them, what's their goal ;)

There's nothing wrong with anonymous development itself, provided
it meets high standards expected of crypto related applications.

Goldbug and friends blackballed themselves with their actions, topic
dodging speech, and non-reproducible binaries. Doubtful anyone will
bother looking at their code given that.

Satoshi did anonymous well regarding bitcoin.
I2P had some anonymous large contributors I think.
Truecrypt's anonymity had some mixed results (given the situation
with their binaries).

What other projects have been largely anonymous?

Now that we have anonymous networks, it's likely that
many more anonymous projects will appear that do
pass muster.