POTUS jammin'

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Fri Nov 28 05:52:17 PST 2014

To clarify on your "complexity" argument, are you saying that the
POTUS-parade may be employing technology that detects other devices by
their output signatures, then fires a noise-beam specifically at them to
maximise power delivery and minimise energy costs/unnecessary interference?

If that were the case, then a shielded, passive receiver ought to be OK,
would that not include a HAM radio in listen-only mode? (<- Knows little
about HAM) ->So, did OP broadcast much prior to the interference, or was
their rig poorly shielded?

For my part, I just doubt they're using intelligent jamming because cost
isn't really a factor in their requirements, is it? They can just blare
out on all the frequencies they care about, and strong-arm providers at
other spectra to blackzone the region. How much power is needed to jam
at the frequency band you described? We're talking about a cavalcade
that could, if they considered it necessary, employ a portable nuke!
Power ain't a limiting factor! :)