open ASIC SoC

Cathal (Phone) cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Wed Nov 5 01:21:12 PST 2014

Given the difficulty of trusting auditors and ensuring they see all they need to see, why not push instead for crypto FPGA: consuner hardware, widely available. Probably hard to dope-trojan without breaking, and cleverly random allocation of transistors to the HWPRNG could mitigate.

An open fpga with an open stack would not only be more trustworthy for crypto, I think it'd help legitimise and pave way for small-batch ASIC, too.