POTUS jammin'

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 00:46:47 PST 2014

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Gregory Foster
> <gfoster at entersection.org> wrote:
>> Did Dan Geer just troll Juan for the holidays?

we all celebrate in preferred personal ways,
 :P

On 11/27/14, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jammin is crypto, on topic...
> So continuing on topic...
> I'd bet there are papers somewhere about the difficulty in jammin
> true spread spectrum crypto stuff. Perhaps HERFing
> the receiver junction is better option if in range.

here's the game:
a. you control power
b. you control range
c. you control complexity

so spreading spectrum farther, gets you lobes outside selective denial
of service. but range can also extend to beam form in addition to beam
width.

power, of course, a similar game of effort - rise above the elevated
noise floor for the win.

a different type of attack and avoidance, in coding complexity, even
up to logical protocol DoS.

thus, to be the most difficult to deter, you would max all three: very
high powered, very wide band,complex coded and efficient cognitive
links over MIMO beam forming foundation.

not long ago such requirements were comical. recently they became
economically not completely infeasible.

one day, eminently portable.. :)

best regards and nazi holidays,