Doing HTTPS everywhere in the .gov space

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Mon Nov 17 20:51:45 PST 2014

Why are you always so mad, Juan?

On Nov 14, 2014 9:48 PM, "Juan" <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 20:43:43 +0100
> Lodewijk andré de la porte <l at odewijk.nl> wrote:
>
> > Governments doing a better job at government would be a great thing.
>

>         Not sure what you mean by that. As far as I'm concered the only
>         'job' the government should be doing is disappearing from the
>         face of the earth.

Let's leave governance to the free market, the bigger the capitalist the
more righteous his decrees! Market competition will enforce 100%
transparacy, else people will visit the competition for it! In any true
free market economies of scale don't exist and competition is so closely
tied any offense will cause disappearance! Finance is totally not already
so unbalanced a free market cannot exist!

I fiercely hate anyone telling me what to do or what to think. Vacuum
reality arguments essential to capitalism, and the ease at which they're
propagated, recently anger me about as much.

We have true capitalism already Juan! Governments compete for posession of
the mind! Ideologies live and die in an eternal struggle for superior
infectiousness! Violence, justice, law, masscre, kindness, all these things
are founded in an inherently "free market" reality!

The truth is we're closing on the endgame. The one true ideological
survivor. Some hybrid monster of many governments clustered into a
supergovernment that spans mankind and directs all that is. It's
inevitable; economies of scale at work. Slowly all our diversities will
fade as we live in a completely artificially equalized reality, no ability
to compete due to immense scale. In more ways than not, we're already there.

My suggestion is to welcome our new robotic overlords. Or, steer the
vehicle instead of denying you're in it. Just deal with it somehow.

Maybe we can create such an overgovernment that all our desired freedoms
and abilities are present in the future (unlike today!).

>         The motherfucking nazis from the US government
>         use 'https'! That's so important! So relevant to the sort of
>         values cypherpunks supposedly stand for.
>
>         lol

What are you badmouthing nazi's for? Easy on the US cool-aid, mate.

>         Not sure what you mean by that, but I'm not a subject of
>         the US nazi sate. Unless by 'has my back' you mean they are
>         likely to shoot me from behind...

http://vimeo.com/m/8991951

I meant USGOV protects USGOV. (Although not USGOV employees per se...)
Cybersecurity wise USGOV probably doesn't/hardly need HTTPS, depending on
the abilities of adversaries.