RedPhone Removed from Google Play Store

Cathal Garvey cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Thu Nov 13 03:12:23 PST 2014

Nope, I haven't had to install Play for Textsecure at all, and I don't
use or have a personal Google account. When it offers to set up data
channel, just skip it, and TS reverts to encrypting over SMS instead.

Redphone also has a "no google" mode where it announces incoming calls
to other RP users with a simultaneous SMS, but I've found it to be very
buggy in my builds; calls connect but no sound transmitted, etc.

As far as "where to get it", here's a copy:
https://ngrok.com:61924/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=264659e23e8733b528386eaa6f52d5ef

Cert is self-signed:
SHA1: 63:9B:E2:FA:D8:A9:66:DE:46:B7:E4:C2:18:47:73:04:C0:12:FE:1F
SHA256:
CF:D2:82:0D:C8:65:CE:EB:2E:3F:36:EC:DA:9E:82:4E:2E:BD:51:19:6A:7E:11:65:50:40:57:9E:B8:79:8D:A2

This is an older build by now. Frankly I'm holding out for a JS build of
Textsecure and I'll probably try FFOS, then. FDroid and Textsecure are
my "killer apps" tying me to Android. I just wish Moxie would let them
play nice together.