cypherpunk consortium for carefree crossings

coderman coderman@gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:44:47 PST 2014

regarding border crossing behaviors of the powers that be,

it seems the most expedient response to detainments and data dupe'ings
[0][1][2] is to answer with deterrent.

possibilities to dissuade dastardly detours:

- sunlight the best disinfectant; publicize attempts at intimidation
and friction at crossings.

- every detainment incurs a disclosure of intelligence collection
technique. (requires a pool of un-disclosed spook ballast)

- every detour spurs privacy enhancing technology development. a
bounty for the most desired improvements, aggressive tactics lead
directly to more users, better features, stronger privacy.

other ideas?

how many Tor trac tickets threatened to be develop to ensure ioerror a
safe domestic passage?

best regards,

0. "... her work has been hampered by constant harassment by border
agents during more than three dozen border crossings into and out of
the United States. She has been detained for hours and interrogated
and agents have seized her computer, cell phone and reporters notes
and not returned them for weeks."
 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Poitras#Government_surveillance

1. "I'm flying back to the US after writing about helping Ed Snowden
and the journalists he leaked documents to. Wish me luck at the
border."
 - https://twitter.com/micahflee/status/529191556897443840

2. "I'm looking forward to the time when we don't have to worry about
politically motivated US border harassment. A distant time, probably."
 - https://twitter.com/ioerror/status/529206920838930433