Our nameless project.

danimoth danimoth at cryptolab.net
Sat May 31 05:43:09 PDT 2014

On 31/05/14 at 02:14pm, Christian Mayer wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 1:24 PM, davidroman96 <davidroman96 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > For the "POC" we are using UDP. UDP only can send small packets of
> > ~64kb, therefore, it can be used for a chat but is too slow to download
> > big files. We have sacrified speed to increase anonymity and privacity.
> > We have "tested" it in a small group of people and for this reason we
> > can not say if it works or not, but in theory it works!
> >

>"tested"? Any source code to show?

I missed that part completely. What does it mean that "UDP is too slow
because of packet size of 64 kb" ? To me, it seems an ugly claim.
Do you know that ethernet will fragment it in pieces of ~1 kb, and the
most common segment size on the Internet is around 500 bytes ?
TCP maximum segment size is also 16 bit long.. Your proposal requires
a modification of the most transport protocols of the internet, and
IPv6 with jumbo frames?

Really, take a look onto DC nets, they are quite old but far superior to
your proposal (but they have some drawbacks).

I see too much approximation, I'm sorry.