Our nameless project.

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at upstandinghackers.com
Sat May 31 04:57:22 PDT 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 01:24:14PM +0200, davidroman96 wrote:
> I want to present an idea to improve anonymity and privacy on the
> intrernet that me and my companion are building.

[...]

> We have "tested" it in a small group of people and for this reason we
> can not say if it works or not, but in theory it works!

No, in proof of concept it moves data around. You've given us a
back-of-the-napkin sketch without enough information to actually model
your system. You can say all kinds of nice things about a data
transmission system with various crypto primitives mixed in, but you
cannot truthfully say that your system advances the state of either
anonymity or privacy unless you can show that the properties you wish
to preserve hold throughout the system. *Then* you can say it works in
theory.

In order to say that it works in practice, there's a whole different
set of hurdles.

</curmudgeon>

--mlp