is truecrypt dead?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri May 30 12:25:45 PDT 2014

On Sat, 31 May 2014 00:05:19 +1000, Alfie John said:

> Have NSLs held up in court against the First Amendment?

They've been ruled unconstitutional at least twice I know of (Doe v. Gonzales
in 2008 which was overturned, and last year in the 9th Circuit but the judged
then stayed her own ruling in anticipation of an appeal for either an en banc
hearing in the 9th Circuit or to the Supreme Court).

However, given the current makeup of the Supreme Court, we probably *don't*
want it getting appealed there and a bad precedent ruling be issued.