is truecrypt dead?

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Wed May 28 16:45:06 PDT 2014

   My suspicion is that either they were hacked (and had their key
stolen), or that they were ordered to shutdown and recommend Microsoft's
(presumably backdoored) BitLocker as a replacement.  BitLocker's
enterprise documentation makes me *incredibly* suspicious that it is
susceptible to monitoring by third-parties.

   Even being embarrassed by whatever bugs the second phase audit
uncovered wouldn't explain the sudden recommendation. And why not
ecryptfs or ~literally anything else~ ?

   Pardon my tinfoil hat.

~Griffin