House Passes Curbs on NSA Phone Surveillance

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Fri May 23 23:48:06 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-24 01:40, coderman wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM, jim bell <jamesdbell9 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> http://news.yahoo.com/house-passes-curbs-nsa-phone-surveillance-221025685--politics.html
>> NSA officials were pleased with the bill for another reason: The new
>> arrangement will give them access to mobile calling records they did
>> not
>> have under the old program.
>
> what a fucking joke...

This whole process has been a total handjob.  People making concessions
to ensure that the rest of the bill offers some kind of protection, and
of course most redeeming value has been lost.

It ends bulk metadata collection.  That's the only redeeming part of
this bill.

If we want real reform, we need to overhaul the FISA courts.

~Griffin