[p2p-hackers] How do BitTorrent block lists get created?

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Tue May 13 01:39:37 PDT 2014

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 12 maja 2014 22:32:29 grarpamp pisze:
> > The only defense Bittorrent has is the "blocklist"
>
> Now the fun part... have you guys gone daft? Blocklists and
> VPN's as best defense against such 'enforcement', really?
> Really?!!

Now, while I agree with most of what you wrote, please note that the Parent
here only said that that's the only defence BitTorrent has. Nobody claimed
it's the only thing out there in general, nor that it's the best possible
defence, nor that it's impossible to implement better mechanisms in
BitTorrent, nor that it is not possible to use BitTorrent via some other means
(like Tor) to improve security and anonymity.

"The only defence we all have is the 'blocklist'"

vs.

"The only defence Bittorrent has is the 'blocklist'"

Apart from that, carry on. :)

--
Pozdr
rysiek