House Passes Curbs on NSA Phone Surveillance

Luther Blissett lblissett at paranoici.org
Sat May 24 16:12:35 PDT 2014

On Sat, 24 May 2014 02:48:06 -0400
Griffin Boyce <griffin at cryptolab.net> wrote:

> On 2014-05-24 01:40, coderman wrote:
> > On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM, jim bell <jamesdbell9 at yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >> http://news.yahoo.com/house-passes-curbs-nsa-phone-surveillance-221025685--politics.html
> >> NSA officials were pleased with the bill for another reason: The new
> >> arrangement will give them access to mobile calling records they did
> >> not
> >> have under the old program.
> >
> > what a fucking joke...
>
> This whole process has been a total handjob.  People making concessions
> to ensure that the rest of the bill offers some kind of protection, and
> of course most redeeming value has been lost.
>
> It ends bulk metadata collection.  That's the only redeeming part of
> this bill.
>
> If we want real reform, we need to overhaul the FISA courts.

Would American citizens be against imposing their State the obligation to provide the defendant with full access to the data held by the persecutors? Obligation to indemnify those who they have wrongly and unlawfully persecuted? Provide full access to the public as regards to their past operations and maintained databases for public scrutiny?

Who is this all around enemy that is everywhere but there, inside the agency?

--
Luther Blissett <lblissett at paranoici.org>