[cryptography] The next gen P2P secure email solution

tpb-crypto at laposte.net tpb-crypto at laposte.net
Thu May 15 16:49:35 PDT 2014

Oh boy, here we go.

> Message du 15/05/14 23:14
> De : "grarpamp"
>
> > http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/05/good-news-for-privacy-fewer-servers-sending-e-mail-naked-facebook-finds/
> > I think that answers your concern about SMTP transport in the clear
>
> Yes, great, we're now moving towards strict and PFS encrypted transport.
> That's not much of a complete achievement since it does not solve any of
> the other snowden-ish issues recent p2p threads are meant to encompass...
> - [secret/trollish/illegal] orders against centralized mail servers/services
> to store and disclose all metadata and [unencrypted] content, including
> transport headers and pesky to/from/subject/etc headers.

> pesky to/from/subject/etc headers.

Those are hidden by use of TLS. Regarding government wanting your data in the clear by requesting it to the ISP you use, well switch your communications to another country, problem solved.

> - voluntary 'cooperation' to do the same.
> - capability for messaging over encrypted anonymous p2p overlay networks
> so that the only real place left to compel is the investigated user themselves
> (or millions of users if you want to fight up against free speech / privacy).

p2p is no panacea, it doesn't scale and it will never, ever be able to handle the latest netflixy app Joes are so much into. p2p is for techead kids like you, not for the masses. The masses do not understand it unless it brings spiderman, batman, faggotman hollywood garbage faster to their living rooms.