### Two Open Source Apps for data protection ###

Cathal (phone) cathalgarvey at cathalgarvey.me
Mon May 12 03:15:37 PDT 2014

Panic passwords are dangerous, as there's a risk the attacker has a copy of the encrypted data prior to demanding a decryption key. That's why Truecrypt etc prefer plausibly-deniable systems involving fake containers revealed by a panic password: they crack the container and find something plausibly sensitive, but not what they're seeking.