Introduction to crypto

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sun May 4 15:39:16 PDT 2014

On Sun, May 04, 2014 at 10:42:33PM +0200, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> Read the cryptonomicon! It's a really good intro to a lot of stuff that's
> harder to teach. It's also not too technical, which might help you get into
> things.
>
> For secure devices you should be worried about:

* ability to audit the entire secure device design, including the silicon

>  * Entropy
>  * Radio signals (produced by your electronics)
>  * Physical opening of devices (this happens)
>  * Lightweight algorithms.
>
> Sorry to have any specific papers or anything, I think others are better
> capable of recommendations. Have fun out there.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash