"Whew, wondered where we'd put those 200,000 BTC!"

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:25:30 PDT 2014

> So how do they do that? If there's power failure on a specific box...

There is transactional integrity where you're good until the failure,
then you halt and fix/failover/etc. It's relatively cheap and popular.

> I can imagine mitigating this by redundantly processing everything

Then there are things called non-stop-computing where the whole
system is transactioned. Some of that happens in systems like these.
How close these things get to being bulletproof I've not looked into.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_System_z
Also Sun, HP, Fujitsu and the like.
Look into what NASDAQ runs...