"Whew, wondered where we'd put those 200,000 BTC!"

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Sat Mar 22 20:00:49 PDT 2014

> --On Sunday, March 23, 2014 2:14 AM +0100 Lodewijk andré de la porte
> <l at odewijk.nl> wrote:
>

> > Looking at the hacks that happen I'm mostly shocked to find the level of
> > stupidity. Shocked as much to see how long things just go on without
> > significant trouble. MtGox failing because money dissapeared over the
> > years... That was shocking at an unbelievable level.
>
>         Unbelievable because it's bullshit. Just like the last piece of
> news
> saying that they magically 'found' 200k btc.

It's easy to think it's a big scam, but it doesn't make sense. If
magicaltux wanted to "walk away with the money" he would do better hiring
someone else as CEO and then just doing whatever the hell he wanted with
his financial returns. In at most 20 years he'd have all the money he just
stole, with none of the crime, shaming, etc, legally!

He'll truly never be able to launder those "stolen" Bitcoin.

The leaked info is incredible, but it's all quite coherent.

I haven't made up my mind yet. We'll see it play out.