"I hunt sysadmins"

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Fri Mar 21 04:17:55 PDT 2014

 | DNSBL for known intelligence community IPs? Sure they rotate a lot, but
 | if we can make the cost of doing business higher and higher with no real
 | benefit, someone should eventually cut the funding. Start tracking what
 | companies are providing IP services via contract and then blacklist the
 | IP blocks of those companies. I really don't care if I ever get an
 | email from Stratfor or they ever visit any of my sites.
 |
 | Had the idea all of about 60 seconds before trying to write it down, so
 | I am sure I am forgetting something (or somethings).

This is the future, Sir, a dramatically balkanized Internet.
What you suggest is what many, perhaps most, countries wish
at the level of state policy.

12mars.rsf.org/2014-en/enemies-of-the-internet-2014-entities-at-the-he
art-of-censorship-and-surveillance/

Today is the golden age of search.  Savor it.

--dan