Comsec as Public Utility Beyond Illusory Privacy

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Thu Mar 13 20:52:14 PDT 2014

> > getting agreement of all targets -- gov, com, edu, org -- to say
> > enough is enough, national security has become a catchall for
> > inexcusable invasion of the public realm.
> >

> It remembers me when someone proposed that IPv6 encryption should become optional and the proposal was accepted. If we had IPv6 encrypted by now, things would be a little bit different ...

And networks would be harder to debug, unless you happened to work for the
comsec utility or the NSA and already had all the decryption keys.

Let me suggestion using IPv7 where encryption is also optional, but at least
happens to use the same ecdsa keys you use for your money to encrypt packets
if you so desire.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash