See???

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Fri Mar 7 08:17:22 PST 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 08:07:53AM -0500, dan at geer.org wrote:

> > That's almost as good as the hypothetical game big (insert your
> > boogeyman here) might be playing with Putin to make him think Bitcoin
> > is a NSA/CIA operation to ruin the ruble.
>
> A person of my acquaintance who is a first wave negotiator in
> international affairs (first wave meaning the deniable precursor
> labor that occurs before the image-sensitive political class gets
> visibly involved) recounted how, in discussions in Beijing, this
> person's counterpart from the "other" side said that it was the
> assumption in Beijing that Twitter was an American operation
> constructed to destabilize Iran.
>
> This was three years ago.
>
> --dan

And just like Iran, it seems to be all about dead dinosaurs

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2014/03/putin_ukraine_and_energy_could_u_s_natural_gas_exports_alter_the_geopolitical.html

It had somehow slipped my mind how 'theoildrum.com' went away, and
everyone seems to have forgotten $12/MMBTU natural gas. But now we
have a global power play that involves exporting every MMBTU that
can be fracked and liquified to choke off Russia's economic air
supply. Expect $15/mmbtu gas if we have another polar vortex and
$8 corn in 2015 or 2016 if this holds.

When I ran across http://oilgascoin.do.am/ (oilgascoin crypto coin)
I thought it was a sad attempt at a copycatcoin, but it's looking
more like the first sign of a cryptocurrency psy-ops arms race.