See???

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Fri Mar 7 05:07:53 PST 2014

> That's almost as good as the hypothetical game big (insert your
> boogeyman here) might be playing with Putin to make him think Bitcoin
> is a NSA/CIA operation to ruin the ruble.

A person of my acquaintance who is a first wave negotiator in
international affairs (first wave meaning the deniable precursor
labor that occurs before the image-sensitive political class gets
visibly involved) recounted how, in discussions in Beijing, this
person's counterpart from the "other" side said that it was the
assumption in Beijing that Twitter was an American operation
constructed to destabilize Iran.

This was three years ago.

--dan