"Whew, wondered where we'd put those 200,000 BTC!"

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Sun Mar 23 16:33:23 PDT 2014

> > It were write that:
> >
> > > You are in the same boat of Karpeles and Ulbricht, they also were
> > > barely able to code some interpreted language and they were overwhelmed
> > > by the intricacies of the systems they were building. Until they
> > > finally brought disaster for themselves and everyone that depended
> > > on them.
> >
> > True but inevitable. Humans can design systems more complex than
> > they can then operate. The financial sector's "flash crashes" are
> > one, but only one, public proof-by-demonstration of that fact. I
> > predict that the fifty interlocked insurance exchanges for Obamacare
> > will be another. It is likely that any cryptocurrency exchange
> > that is center-free and self-mobile is harder still. The HTTP
> > Archive says that the average web page now makes out-references to
> > 16 different domains as well as making 17 Javascript requests per
> > page, and the Javascript byte count is five times the HTML byte
> > count.
> >
> > Above some threshold of system complexity, it is no longer possible
> > to test, it is only possible to react to emergent behavior. Even
> > the lowliest Internet user is involved -- on the top level page for
> > a major news site, I found 400 out-references to 85 unique domains
> > each of which is similarly constructed. If you leave those pages
> > up, then because most such pages have an auto-refresh, moving your
> > ass to a new subnet signals to every single advertising network
> > that you have done so.
> >
> > --dan
> >

> Your comments naturally lead us to think how to make simple systems, yet functional enough for the purpose we are building them.
>
> We are up to a revival in self-made purpose-specific web servers. Learning the few needed protocols and building from the ground up using open-source tools seems the way to go.
>
> Notwithstanding hardware issues, using things out of intel and amd seems also to become a trend.

If you focus on user-experience, simplicity, and minimal dependencies you
might end up writing an exchange in python and running it on this:
http://micropython.org/ , and then getting an insurance company to underwrite
customers for any loss, including hacks.

Next step is make it run on a cpu you can audit the VHDL for...
http://yasep.org/

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash