Subject: Re: Comsec as Public Utility Beyond Illusory Privacy

Joseph Tag joseph.g.tag at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 11:39:52 PDT 2014

Hello, Everyone.  I learn much, here.

There are three  (3) major situations where encryption is really helpful.
1) encrypting a Password in the Log-on / Access Control activity . 2)
Creating a new password or Message Authentication Code (MAC)  and   3)
Using encryption to support and provide for a Digital Signature.

As Information Technology evolved from "mainframe" computers,
"minicomputers" "LAN's" and Laptop PC's , notebook PCs were installed used
and connected around the world, so did the need for people to install and
maintain them.
Those are my concerns about when to use encryption. I always use https:/
And, with so many things; tinkering, tampering, sabotaging, tapping,
thumping, and corrupting all things techologic has occurred.     Sometimes,
I get frustrated with what I understand the legal system is NOT doing.

I should feel free to modify my use of an AES  Algorithm ( 24--64 bit
pre-whitening with Rijndael, Twofish, Serpent, RC6, MARS ) ; applying a
larger-than-standard keysize ( i.e: 384--576 bits of key ) ; in a well
engineered metal box (form factor) .    We should not feel a need to
Destroy/Zeroize our systems, when the Feds come knocking on our door.
If I encrypt messages about my plans, they should be secure until I change
them ( and escape )

It is frustrating, the current situation.  Lots of food for thought.

Best wishes to all.

Joe

end: 2:35PM; 14MAR2014 --
---